Sunday, November 15, 2009

Awsome Quotes by Awsome Coaches

I'm currently working on writing a longer article, on female's predisposition for ACL tears, so here are some quotes to keep everyone entertained. I should be done with the article in the next day or two, then it's editing time. The final draft should be out in a week or so.

"Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts." - Dan Gable

“I don’t look at myself as a basketball coach. I look at myself as a leader who happens to coach basketball.” -Coach K

"The Six W's: Work will win when wishing won't." -Todd Blackledge

"When people ask me how to raise their level of performance, the first thing I ask is, How important is it to you?" -Dan Gable

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender." -Vince Lombardi

“I’m a big believer in starting with high standards and raising them. We make progress only when we push ourselves to the highest level. If we don’t progress, we backslide into bad habits, laziness and poor attitude." -Dan Gable

-Will Hawkins

1 comment:

  1. Will,
    I really like this blog. Thanks for letting me see it. You've done a great job.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete